Skip to content

Pak n Save Bingo

May 26, 2011

Sometimes, usually on weekend evenings, Pak’n’Save is the worst place in the world.  Full of people clogging up the aisles with their carts (this particular store, for some reason, does not offer shopping baskets so everyone has a cart), stopping to ponder the various Wacky Weekend sales and just generally getting in my way.  Also, Pak n Save invariably sees the weekend rush as a great time to stock shelves.  So there are even more carts and boxes and people in my way.

Anyway, my bad attitude towards pretty much everything for the past several months has finally driven me crazy.  So to keep from having a complete melt-down next time I go grocery shopping (meltdowns in stores have recently become a hobby), I’m taking a little dash of Mary Poppins-esque whimsy with me.  With every job that must be done, there is an element of fun: you find the fun and snap, the job becomes Pak n Save bingo.  Simply print out your bingo board and off to the store!

If you get a whole line, Congratulations!  You’ve won the justification to treat yourself to Pak’n’Save’s finest bottle of $5 wine.

It’s the little things that keep us sane and make us giggle.

About these ads
12 Comments leave one →
  1. May 26, 2011 9:06 pm

*hugs*

When was the last time you went to the farmers market?!

• May 27, 2011 8:36 am

Shamefully, it was pre-quake. That might be why I’ve been so grumpy lately.

2. May 26, 2011 9:40 pm

Oh! You forgot this for your bingo board (and yes I have seen this far too many times): Hung over lady clutching her latest purchase from the Pak n save wine sale like it’s her baby…with her young child runs around her, desperate for the same attention the lady is showing the wine.

…too long?

• May 27, 2011 8:36 am

Hahah I’ll have to talk to my designer, but I’m not sure that’ll fit in a square…

3. Leigh permalink
    May 26, 2011 10:28 pm

You want to be sane, I would just giggle insanely. Love the Bingo though!

• May 27, 2011 8:37 am

I’m glad! Whatever I can do to make normal life more interesting.

4. May 26, 2011 10:50 pm

What’s with all the sparrows? The only time I’ve seen a sparrow in a supermarket was in Brittany (that’s France for the geographically challenged) and weirdly it was still alive. The French have a tendency to eat anything so maybe it was just very fresh produce.

Has the curious phenomenon of women in pajamas and fake UGG boots at all times of the day reached New Zealand yet? If so, that needs a square.

• May 27, 2011 8:35 am

No so much the UGG boots, but pajamas yes. But guys too.

I’m not exactly sure why, but there’s a flock of sparrows that live in the Riccarton Pak’n’Save. They just kinda hang out and fly around all day. I get a kick out of it, but only because I’ve yet to see sparrow poop all over the produce.

• Leigh permalink
        May 27, 2011 7:47 pm

I hope you wash your produce. Sparrow poop is invisible don’t ya know!

5. Robyn permalink
    May 27, 2011 7:52 pm

You’ve also missed “person/s oblivious to the fact they are blocking the whole aisle” and “dairy owner stocking up on cheaper-than-wholesale coca cola”

• May 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Haha oh the dairy owners crack me up… You can always tell them by the contents of their shopping carts. It also cracks me up when I go to the dairy a block down from PaknSave that sells cans of Pam’s tomatoes for $4 a piece.

• Robyn permalink
        May 27, 2011 10:01 pm

If you’re reeeeeaaaally lucky sometimes you see them being removed by security.